Thursday, December 16, 2010

Coming of Age

I finally grew up; in tech terms. Having my first blog now feels like Kimani Maruge stepping into 3rd grade but what the hek! Gotto start somewhere.
I've grown up in many ways this year. Discovered new passions, lost a dear one, cried myself to sleep, grew closer to my God, built a 'lion'. In a sense, growing up has been many mixed feelings and emotions. I learned to be strong for other people, to be weak when I need to, to dictate when I had to, to submit as I ought to. This year has been 300days of waking up every hour to the reality that this is my time, our time. The only chance we got to be whoever we can be, do whatever we can do and leave whatever mark we can on the family and future generations. I have grown, not just in age, wisdom, bank balance, love, size but in mind. That intangible zone is the greatest muscle I have learnt to flex, and I plan to, vigorously!

No comments:

Post a Comment